From:
Spookiecat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:29:46 EST
Someone pointed out to me in a private post that my response to the question
of why some babies learn to prefer artificial nipples could be interpreted as
if I thought bottlefeeding is less strenuous for a baby than breastfeeding.
What I meant by "easier" is that bottlefeeding is a more *passive* process and
doesn't require that a baby wait for a let-down -- NOT that feeding at the
breast is an exhausting chore, though I see how my comment could be
interpreted that way.

I'll take this as a reminder to watch out for the inferences that can be read
into a carelessly worded statement!

Diane DiCarlo
LLLLeader
Brooklyn, NY