From:
"Stephanie H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2015 12:46:30 -0600
*Permission to post:

A friend of mine, the mother of a breastfeeding 19 month old asked me for
information to support her in discussions over visitation arrangements with
the baby's father. The father is pushing for a two week visitation period
this summer, and the mother feels like that's too long for her baby to be
separated from her but is also beginning to wonder  if she's justified in
feeling that feeling that way.

I've already forwarded links to LLL's page on breastfeeding and family law
and some fact sheets with references on why breastfeeding is valuable to an
older baby. Anything else I can/should share with her?

Stephanie Hadfield
A lactation student aiming for the April 2107 IBLCE exam