From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 23:33:07 -0400
Hi All,
I know we have discussed the items in the subject line before, but have no
clue as to when!  :/  Can someone direct me to where I would find the most
info?
Have a friend whose Ped told her at 12 mo visit 2 things she knew to be
WRONG, but needs reliable info to give to Ped to educate him.  What did he
tell her?
1)  You need to wean your baby by 15 mo or else she will get baby bottle
tooth decay  (not just night feeds folks, ALL feeds!)
and
2)  When baby was given her shots and crying mom pulled her to breast and
nursed her.  Ped told her she should never nurse the baby when she was upset
because she would cause all sorts of eating disorders in the baby!

OK, we all know this is hogwash, but I need amunition, (I mena educational
materials) to help this mom educate her Ped.  References are appreciated, but
I have extremely limited access to reference materials.  Anyone have anything
that is fairly easy to get my hands on?

TIA!
Jay
BTW This Ped is actually very pro-BF.  At least for infants.  It is the older
kids he missed the boat on!