From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 1995 12:51:49 -0400
Dear Leslie,

Not hearing exactly what Chloe said, I can't comment directly on that, but
one of my "red flags" that there may be a problem is a baby that seems to be
at the breast constantly, and never seems to be satisfied.  If you really
delve into it, you find that he may simply be "hanging out" and not really
"eating".  It may be a sign of low milk supply in the mom, and consequent FTT
in the baby.  I certainly wouldn't worry about a baby eating 12 or 14 or more
times a day as long as the baby was gaining weight.  But, if a mom reported a
baby eating "constantly" and didn't hear much in the way of gulping (or only
gulping for the first minute or so), I'd at least want to check out the
situation.

Jan B.