From:
Ellen Mahony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 22:27:59 -0400
I, too, run a mom's support group at my local hospital, one just for
breastfeeding and one called Baby Talk, and totally enjoy holding babies
and find the mother's run the group. The other staff also enjoy seeing the
new moms grow in their mothering skills. Even weeks when only one mom and
baby come out, I feel it helps give that mom support which she would not
have gotten otherwise. The most fun has been having my daughter attend
with her daughter, I find her becoming a teacher to other mothers, too.
    I send moms off to La Leche League close to them, too, as the baby and
mom continue the nursing relationship.  I just rejoined a group with my
daughter that meets at night as she is back to work, and am having the
best time reconnecting with LLL again. We just attended our second meeting
tonight. My daughter is totally nursing and providing her breastmilk when
she is at work for her 4 1/2 month old baby, and I told her tonight how
proud I am of her for her dedication and superb mothering to her daughter.
Just wanted to share these thoughts with all my friends on Lactnet. I
think the future is much more nursing supportive although still many
advertising pressures and unfortunate babies whose moms do not choose to
give them their best effort at nursing.
          Warm regards,
            Ellen Mahony, RN, MS, LCCE, IBCLC