From:
Janet Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:59:38 -0600
After having done a futile lit search I am turning to you for help.  We
have become interested in the feeding or lack of feeding in the neonate
after Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygnation (ECMO).  We are interested in
both breast and bottle feeding experiences specifically of those infants
that had not been fed prior to cannulation.  We have seen an increase in
the feeding abilities of our breastfed infants with oral stimulation
during ECMO.  Currently we wish to study the impact of oral stimulation
on these infants but would also like any information concerning feedings
of EBM during ECMO.  We have not had any success with infants not
previously fed and then fed formula during ECMO (surprise).  I can be
privately emailed at [log in to unmask]
Thanks
Janet Bryant RN,IBCLC