From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:10:20 -0500
I am currently working with a new mom, first baby, who prior to
pregnancy reports 1 - 2 migraines per month, that she treated with
Imitrex. After she became pregnant , she had migraines almost every
other day, she treated them with Percocet and if that didn't work, came
to the ER for a shot of Demerol. Now she has had the baby, c section for
failure to progress, and had her first migraine, doc ordered Imitrex and
not to nurse for 4 hours after the dose, after pulling out Hale, Imitrex
doesn't seem so bad to use, the doc also has the newest version of
Briggs and it basically said that same thing as Hale. Anyway, treated
the migraine second time yesterday with Demerol and Visteril. According
to Hale, I dont think Demerol is the best choice for the baby, I spoke
to the ped and she felt Morphine would be better, and that an occasional
dose of Imitrex would be ok...
I am trying to make a long range plan for this mom. What
comments/suggestions do you all have? Any info would be most
appreciated.

TIA

Cindy

--
Cindy Curtis , RN, IBCLC  ~ Virginia , USA