From:
Dawn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:17:22 -0600
The whole recent thread on "pros" to bottle feeding has been distressful to me.  I'm so glad others have responded with sentiments aligned with my own, but much more eloquently than I could have.  I think the most helpful information to give mothers choosing between breast and formula feeding is the truth.  There may appear to be some short-term benefits associated with formula use but overall the long-term implications are that it is messy, time consuming, inconvenient, expensive, substandard and often dangerous.

Michelle's post included the statement:
"there are no "cons" to breastfeeding, and no "pros" to bottlefeeding, any more than there are "cons" to being healthy or "pros" to being unhealthy".
This got me to thinking -- are there any "pros" to being unhealthy?  I came up with a few, here they are:

"pros" to being unhealthy.

Once one decides to be unhealthy it will feel as if a great weight has been lifted from one's shoulders.  One is now free to eat and drink whatever one would like.  Here are a few more of the benefits from making an informed decision to follow an unhealthy lifestyle:

No need to worry about reading confusing labels since nutritional content will no longer be an issue.

Tons more free time now that you'll be relieved of scheduling gym / fitness time.

No dietary restrictions with which to be concerned or to burden others.

Shopping hours will be cut in half, no more need to plan menus, select seasonal foods or consider the food pyramid, just buy what ya like and get outta there.

Ability to watch ALL your favorite primetime television shows, sports events, court TV, talk shows, news segments, & commercials.

Cuts down on clutter around the house.  It will no longer be necessary to read or write much of anything (a healthy mind can lead to a healthy body), so get rid of all that extra paper.

You'll be the life of the party, you can arrive early, drink till you barf (or pass out) , and stay late.

No more unnecessary spending on medications, doctors visits or medical care, granted you'll probably die earlier, but think of all the money you'll save.

While you're at it go ahead and restrict or eliminate personal hygiene routines.  The very desirable result will most likely be no more pesky responsibilities like family or job.