From:
Rebecca Behre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 23:14:48 PDT
Dear Georgette and all,
I recently came accross a good reference for all those sceptical anesthetists
and surgeons who think everyone should pump and dump for 1,2,3,or more days
when them have surgery.

AANA Journal Course: Update for nurse anesthetist-"Is it okay to breast
feed my baby after anesthesia?" A scientific basis for an informed response.
by Chuck Biddle,CRNA,PhD
Amer. Assn of Nurse ANesth. journal  Dec 1994 vol62 / no. 6.  pp537-544.

They come accross a bit cautious in my book, however, the research is
there to make an informed choice depending on the drug, surgery, and
lenth of anesthesia, as well as alternatives.  It also covers mose
sedatives and reversing agents.  Other drugs used pre and post op
are also discussed including pain meds.  It also contains a very
interesting discussion on Fentanyl and it's use in epidural anesthesia
and its transfer thru the umbilical cord.

Becky Behre
who is adding more to the alphabet after her name because she passed!
 RNC, BEd, IBCLC, ACLS, NRP, BMus, Momx5