From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:04:09 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:59 AM
To: Barbara Robertson <[log in to unmask]>, ‎‎[log in to unmask]‎‎ <

There have been some threads about FLRF in various Facebook groups;  I am
cut-and-pasting commentary I made there, about a year ago (Nov 2017), when
this topic was discussed:

The Family Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation (FLRF) is [in 2017] four years
old.  It was established by Medela family members/Medela money.  While I am
quite sure that the non-profit foundation FLRF is -- today, on paper --
separate from the multi-million dollar commercial complex that is Medela,
there is no effective hiding (by them) that FLRF came from Medela money.

And while some folks take great comfort in this paper firewall ("They are a
non-profit!" "They aren't the company!") the fact that the extant
commercial interest and the extant foundation EACH use virtually identical
language and bios on their websites show just how illusory that
"separation" is. And while there is a lot of talk about supporting
breastfeeding in the FLRF press releases, I find language like this
revealing: “FLRF will use the funds to form a multidisciplinary and
collaborative research network through permanent endowments, to perpetually
fund research and knowledge transfer,” explained Dr. Katharina Lichtner,
Managing Director of FLRF, at the Summit. *****"FLRF’s goal is to ensure an
uninterrupted flow of knowledge that can be a key resource in empowering
decision-makers.******"

Hmm. Sounds like they want to be good ol' boy corporate/NGO "Partners" in a
big way.

http://www.larsson-rosenquist.org/en/about-us.html
<http://www.larsson-rosenquist.org/en/about-us.html?fbclid=IwAR0-ThVff7_uXh6L1hPpk00f9o9pu7ErFRk3t0Qz1AAFo8FuW7A7MTAqkGo>

(and)

http://www.medela-healthcare.us/company/about
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medela-healthcare.us%2Fcompany%2Fabout%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2eT8NV-F3wZTqMpyimecJvFnGmJc-CrH_oc6Q-V1gAi-bU3B4Nor22c7c&h=AT0N1h9jTc875vFWYqwlVsb7E70dBo4LZ4gVILQVuuf-fYByGFU0DJpTQWIATCmcnc64XwygZInlovFs_TWVj0ezL-cCei2quN08-Ct7MEKKNd7tDh-6Fg>