From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:30:26 -0600
Hello, Wise Ones,
Does anyone have a policy they would be willing to share on storage of
prepared fortified breastmilk, specifically one using liquid Similac 30 cal
formula?  We have finally decided not to use powdered fortifier anymore and
need to write a policy. Someone is finally listening after the recent media
coverage.  We have eliminated all powdered formula.  Now to get a milk bank
up and running in Illinois!  If nobody has a policy, does anyone know how
long liquid-fortified breastmilk can sit or hang at room temperature?  I
don't want to start wasting any breastmilk but want to make sure we're
handling it safely and consistently.
Linda Anderegg, BSN, RN, C-MNN, C-BF, IBCLC, RLC in Chicago