From:
Anne Eglash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 07:01:38 -0500
Thanks for all the responses about the persistent thrush...mom has been on
fluconazole now for 3 weeks and is totally asymptomatic now, so that
confirms that her symptoms were largely thrush...the baby is still having
what looks like thrush on the tongue...I saw it under the microscope along
with my lab tech, but the culture we did was negative. I am going to send
her to a dermatologist. The tongue has not changed with nearly two weeks
now of oral fluconazole. Mom says that she has done everything she can to
eliminate yeast from vectors in her household...I am not convinced that her
dietary changes have been very thorough, but I know that it is very hard to
eliminate all sugars too, so I try not to lean too heavy on her. I'll let
you know what the dermatologist thinks-Anne Eglash