From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:57:54 +1000
To Lisa Marasco and Lactnetters,
      That was an excellent outcome, Lisa.  As regards finding an oral surgeon or other medico who is conversant with tongue tie issues and willign to do frenolomies, my solution has been to compile a list, regularly updating the names and contact details.  The three doctors I recommend are all people whose work I know.
     Brisbane is a geographically spread-out city, and so I have a list which allows for different parts fo town, as well as for parental preferences.  For instance, I have a paediatric surgeon on it, as parents with medical backgrounds prefer this option.  I also have a GP (family physician) who probably does more snips than anyone else in town, and a paediatrician who does snips and whom I can confidently recommend.  I have more doctors on the list but recommend the three whose work I know.  All three encourage the Mums to put the baby to the breast right after the procedure.
    Happy New Year,
                  Virginia