From:
Marit Olanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:58:57 +0100

Hi Lactnetters,
I've been on the Lactnet list for a few months thanks to Rachel and
learned  a lot of things. I am the editor of a Swedish breastfeeding
journal, Amningsnytt,  edited by the Swedish breast-feeding support
group "Amningshjälpen".

Many members in Amningshjälpen have been called up by Sofia Tillberg
or her colleague Matilda something, who was the young lady who
contacted me.

I am glad to find that nobody in Sweden wants to participate in this
show. It is called "Outsiders" (!!!) and is shown on the commercial
Swedish Channel 5. It is NOT seriuos, but as far from public service
as it is possible to come in Sweden. Several earlier shows have taken
up subjects that associates to sex, like the man who enlonged his
penis and the lady with enormous breasts. Thus, we find it hard to
believe that Titan "ill film with respect for all participants ".

Further, Titan Television has a really bad reputation, with high
turnover of staff. It is not likely that they are curious to know
anything about "prolonged" breastfeeding, rather that they  show it
like sometihing freaky. When I was called up I initially thought they
wanted to get research about the subject, but all they wanted was to
know if I had children and wether they were breastfed. (In fact I
have a five-year-old who breastfeeds, but he is very conscious that
this is unusual and he would NEVER breastfeed in public, and
certainly not on TV!!!)

Feel free to send my message further to other breastfeeding lists
outside of Sweden. For more information, contact me on

Marit Olanders
editor of Amningsnytt and breastfeeding counsellor in Amningshjälpen
Sweden