From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:21:56 -0400
The biggest problem is that everyone looks at the near term infant, who
frequently weighs a decent enough amount, and discount the fact that these
babies are DIFFERENT!  It is very frustrating and today's hospital
procedures and rapid discharges don't allow for any deviation from
"normal" - what ever that is :-(  No back up in USA, no plan to fall back
on, no help at home. Sink or swim as the saying goes and with an ever ready
bottle of formula nearby, breastfeeding sinks!  I've enjoyed hearing Paula
Meier several  times on the "near term" baby.  How on earth do we get
hospital staffs to listen to  someone like her or even read ABM Protocols
like #10?  Pat in SNJ