From:
Karen Evon IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 02:22:23 EST
Hello Lactnetters,
I tried it today, and it worked ! I am so glad to be in this network and have
read about Dr Jack's idea...3 day old with no stool for 36 hours, reported by
mom to be very sleepy -  not interested in breastfeeding....worried, engorged
mom --- I told her on the phone to hand express  colostrum into an ounce of
water and offer it to the baby in a bottle...the baby took it all and
immediately wet his diaper.. Co-inkeedink? who cares...baby then nursed (!)
and went off to see the Pedi who said he wasn't dehydrated and to con't to do
"what that LC said!"  :)
Thank you Dr Jack...thank you Kathleens for providing this forum...new ideas
are wonderful things... Tomarow we do the consult and hopefully all will be
well.
Karen E. waiting for the next ninostorm tomarrow.