From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:45:05 EST
Charla, I have worked with several mothers who have had a variety of breast
surgeries.
One was just this last week who had breast reduction surgery 10 years ago.
The only incisions were under the breasts and the nipples were left intact.
I reassured her she should be able to fully breastfeed.
What I have observed is that many of these women tend to have exaggerated
primary engorgement but this is only observational and not any scientific
data collecting.
I would recommend you check out the web site BFAR.  The feedback has been
very positive on information for women who have had breast surgeries and
given good support.
Ann Perry RN IBCLC
Boston, MA