From:
Janice Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 00:24:39 -0500
An acquaintance of mine wrote the following:
<<If you're on Lactnet, could you post a question for me and see if anyone
there has info on these drugs and breastfeeding (like how long I'd need to
pump and dump post-surgery). The surgeon plans on using the following in
the
IV:

Fentanyl
Versed
Decadron
Inapsine

I've gotten some info. on all but the Inapsine. So far it looks like the
Inapsine will be the limiting factor on how long I'll need to go without
BF.
The person at the UW medical center I talked to said that in 10 -20 hours I
could count on 96% of it being gone from my body. But there's a huge
difference for my son between 10 hours (I'd be able to nurse him to sleep)
and 20 hours (a long sleepless night from hell most likely, with me hurting
from the surgery). I have no urge to night-wean him over this issue! So I'd
like a bit more clarity. Also if anyone has any info on the other 3 drugs
that might be useful (with references if possible), I'd really appreciate
it.>>

Janice again -- I checked the archives and got some information on the
first three, but only found a reference for fentanyl. Does anyone have
references on the other two, and can you answer her question about
Inapsine?

Thanks,
Janice Berry
Cols, OH