From:
Pat Garrison MSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:43:53 EST
In my limited expeience with moms delivering at 24-26 weeks, I have found
10-15 ml is about what they can pump at one time.  But, at that age, babies
aren't receiving more than that , anyway.
It is frustrating for moms to spend all that time and obtain such a small amt.
I try to emphasize the fact that they are producing what the baby needs.
However, as time goes on, the moms I have worked with never seem to increase
their supply.  Would love to know if others have had success stories and how
they managed to increase supply.  Pat Garrison MSN IBCLC