From:
Barb Otterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:44:47 -0400
Hi Everyone:  Firstly I wanted to thank everyone who posted to me about
baby slings, my friend has gotten one and has found it a lifesaver!!  Now I
have another question.  My son is still nursing and loves it, he will be 3
in November.  The problem is he is very hurtful to other members of the
family, especially his dad.  Who, by the way, is very supportive of
breastfeeding and a very very sensitive person.  My husband really wants to
be "important" to our son, and craves his acceptance, but pretty much daily
our son will say things like "Get away, I want mommy!" or "I don't like
you, get away from me!"  He does this to his sisters too, but it doesn't
seem to bother them quite like it bothers my husband.  Many mornings my
husband leaves for work with tears in his eyes because our son has said
those things to him when all my husband has done is go into his room to get
him up in the morning when he asks to get up (he still sleeps in a crib).
We have tried every thing that I can think of from ignoring him, to
pointing out how he hurts peoples feeling.  The really sad thing is that
when I am not around (when I go to work early or am out of town) they get
along great.  I don't know what to do?  Is it because we are still
breastfeeding that he feels somuch preference for me over anyone else?
Will it be like this until he weans?  I'm so frustrated that today I told
my son that I am not going to nurse him until his dad gets home and he
apologizes.  Does any one have any suggestions???? Barb