Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 17:35:03 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Hi Everyone,

I have permission to post.  I have been working with a mother who is relactating.  She is looking to begin using informally donated breastmilk instead of formula for the supplements that her 4 month old requires while her supply is increasing.  She is interested in purchasing a commercial pasteurizer to use on the milk that she receives from a few very generous moms.  We spoke of the Holder Method and the High Heat Method, pros and cons for each.  We explored the possibility of certain components of the donated milk being  degraded by this type of pasteurization, her feeling is  "its better than formula".  The unit will bring the milk to 155-159 F,  and included a timer with a turn-off  that is adjustable.  I have checked the archives, but did not find anything related, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.  

This is the link to the unit she is considering purchasing:
 http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=7469c40d-c128-4a72-8842-07d352ea10ef&ccd=IFF003&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mr:trackingCode=1953E364-3C81-E211-BA78-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=14756818483&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=34525617523&gclid=CJrX0K7FnrkCFVCf4Aodon0AEw

Thank you in advance for your expertise and help,
Paula Fitt, RNC-EFM, IBCLC
New Jersey

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2