From:
Penny Piercy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 09:39:15 -0500
An open question:

The discussion about undercharging has been interesting to me as an LLLL
(who "gives it away" for free) and as someone considering becoming an LC in
the distant, murky future.  I know many of you who are IBCLCs are/have
been also LLLLs.  I wonder how you divide your "practices"?  Is your LLL
work confined to leading Series Meetings?  Do you not do home visits as
an LLLL, or only consult with paid LLL members?  Do you give different
types of advice depending on the "hat" you are wearing at the time?  Do you
not charge for any phone consults, but refer callers needing more
attention to a co-Leader, if they are unwilling/unable to pay for an
office visit?

As you can tell, my imagination is really running with this one, so I
apologize for my naivete.  If this seems an inappropriate or
uninteresting topic for general response, I can be privately emailed at:

TIA,

Penny Piercy, LLLL, MOM (Patrick 2 1/2) from Bloomington, IN