From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:15:05 EDT
Dear Barbie and fellow lactnetters, I was interested to find the article
regarding br. milk and cancer that you referenced in your post and clicked
into the "intellihealth " website that you listed
http://www.intelihealth.com
Interestingly I couldn't find the referenced article, the site seems a little
unwieldly to peruse (maybe it was me and the late hr :) ) but I did click
into their br. fding info. and became very concerned-have you or anyone else
reviewed this site?  One statement , in particular, really caught my eye
suggesting that "perhaps the biggest factor" in determining br. fdng success
is the mom's nutrition and whether or not she ingests the min. 500 extra cals
per day required.. This theme was carried over throughout and sounded, to me,
like formula company influence since they often focus on this in their
supposed br. fdng literature. One segment, That was supposed to give Mom's
tips on br. fdng in public, referred to the idea that it is often referred to
as "lewd and lascivious" behavior and may be prosecutable on those grounds!
The br. fdng info. contained is lengthy, I didn't have time to review it all
but I would like to know how you all feel about it. It was late and I was
starting to wonder if I was reading too much into it all but..... Sometimes
it DOES feel that the wolf is at every door!!
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin, Massachusetts