Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:05:08 -0400
<< The
 sister told me family bed would not have been an option because she was so
 hyperaware of her babes prescence that she would not have been able to sleep
 if they had been in the same bed. What do fellow lactnetters with the family
 bed experience think of this comment ? Lisa >>

I thought this after having my first child.  I wanted him in the room but
felt I was too hyper aware of him to sleep with him directly the first few
months, since I was so nervous being he was so small and all....

When my daughter was born and would NOT sleep unless she was on me, I
quickly learned I was not really that hyper aware.  ;-)  I always thought
I'd go insane with a baby only willing to be put down for diaper changes.
It isn't that bad.  and now on the rare occasion she does nap 5 minutes
without me, I feel naked!

-wendey (studying LC in Montreal)