From:
The Fishers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 07:50:34 -0500
Dear People,
I know I have a seen a discussion on this topic before. I have been
searching the archives for two days now. However, this mom needs an answer
soon. This is a first time mom with a 5mo.old Three months ago developed a
"lump" . MD determined most likely cause to be tumour (never once suggested
the possibility of plugged duct!) and she had surgery. Surprise, no tumour,
just milk. That was Dec. 28 (I guess this ruined her holidays) and now she
has a large incision that leaks milk all the time. She says as much or more
than the baby is taking. She has switched MD's (!) and the one she is
seeing now would like her to stop nursing on that side wear a compression
bandage (tight bra) and dry up the milk supply long enough to heal the
ducts. He then apparently assumes she can Bfd on that side again. He did
reccommend she call LLL to see if "they" had further info and advice. So
here we are. Could the people who have been down this road offer any
insights?

Victoria