From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 18:24:19 -0400
Hi Jane
>>drawing progesterone levels to determine if there is retained placenta<
>>what's blocking her prolactin<

I would dig a little deeper into her prenatal history, did she have changes
in her breast, did she have difficulties getting pregnant?  There could be a
number of things that is inhibiting this mothers milk production and from the
postpartum history of no excessive bleeding I would not pursue that line.
 What are the supports in her home, is she stressed at all?  I would continue
the Regland for 12 days and use an SNS.  I had a case of a 42 y/o primip who
had a history of infertility.  She said she had slight changes in her breast
but never brought in much of a supply postpartum.  We used the SNS for
3 weeks and the most she produced was a couple ounces a day.  Good luck and
let me know how she does.
P.S. I think we as LCs should also think of other approches such as
acupuncture, acupressure and hypnosis to help our clients.