From:
Denise Punger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:43:18 GMT
As I have followed lactnet, I have noticed so many of you recommend
acidophilus. Recently, I was treating a mother for a yeast infection of the
breast and a mutual friend of of both of us asked me if it was OK to
recommend acidophilus to her. I went along with it. I went into the health
food store to see it for myself. Am I the only one who noticed how foul the
acidophilus is? The next day the mother also complained about diarrhea it
gave her. Has anyone else heard of that? What's wrong with suggesting to
patients who are being treated for yeast infection to have a cup of yogurt
everyday instead of acidophilus?

Denise Punger MD, IBCLC  (enjoying the new initials)
tandem nursing William(4) and Scott(2) with no end in sight!
Hobe Sound, FL
http://doctor.medscape.com/denisepungermd