From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:21:18 -0700
Our local WalMart stores are not allowing any non-profit representatives
from LLL or the Breastfeeding Network inside their store to present
breastfeeding information on the day Similac infant formula is being
promoted.  They probably would not on other days either.  Just like the Girl
Scouts, people on weekends may solicit, but be outside 15 feet from their
doors.  That is probably outside their overhang.  They may not approach
anyone either-only be approached.  Even though giving out free information,
even if from our WA State Department of Health on breastfeeding, the
managers consider it soliciting.  I asked to see a copy of their rules, that
they be faxed to me, but they will not share them.  One female employee who
has been there 12 years said it used to be different and they hosted people
inside, but some incident made them change their rules to protect the chain.
I submitted my complaint via email to the corporate offices at

http://www.walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=316

to Mr. Lee Scott, CEO, who is pictured on their website page.

Judy Ritchie