From:
Janice Record <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:22:14 -0400
A Dad stopped me to ask about a couple of bumps that his girlfriend has had
on her breast.  I initially thought he was going to describe a blister or nipple
bleb. She is nursing their 3 month old daughter.  One bump was near the
nipple, the other out towards the edge of the areola.  He describes them as
looking like pimples, and once they raise she is able to pop them.  The
substance that comes out is hard like a small black seed or rock.  I have never
heard of anything like this, and have not been able to find a discussion about
it in the archives.  Has anyone out there ever experienced this?  Dad did not
seem to think there is a problem, just wanted to know if it was normal and
what the black thing was.  Breast/nipple is not sore, babe nursing and gaining
weight well.  I don't typically recommend opening/popping areas on the breast,
but now that they have they want to know what the substance is and I have
no idea.  If anyone can help with what this might be, please let me know.
Thanks in advance, Jan