text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
I'm forwarding this for Julie who is having trouble posting
----- Original Message ----- 
To: [log in to unmask] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:33 AM
Subject: can't figure out how to post

Would you be so kind as to post this for me? I can't figure it out!!  I have been trying for 30 minutes and nothing is working.  Thanks so much.

Ladies I need help pretty fast here: Did a private consult yesterday. I thought I had all the answers but mom just called me right now in tears. 3 week home delivery...baby has been screaming since day one,usually up to 8-10 hours. Ped diagianosised reflux and colic, exclusively fed breastmilk. Doesn't burp...I tried all the tricks. I thought it was milk allergies but it all this started at day one.  Mom  pumps once a day and gets 2 ounces  30 minutes after a feed. Baby poops like there is no tomorrow.  Fights at the breast.  Used all the techniques for  spitting up, over active let down. When I was there, baby was so restless. Nothing calmed the baby down except the breast some of the time, baby eats or fusses, baby was more calm with a tight wrap vs. skin to skin. I have never seen such an unsettled baby. The only thing according to parents was that the baby seems the calmest with the pacifier. I thought if we can get the baby to stop screaming to decrease air bubbles then fighting to eat at the breasts I didn't have the problem with it.  The baby preferred the pacifier over the finger.  I then get a call from mom in tears and she said that the baby won't take the finger to suck on to get food, won't nurse, won't cup feed, won't take the pacifier, won't calm down and has been screaming for hours. Anything come to mind? They are using milicon as much as they can. Nothing is helping.  Mom said that she is so frustrated that she is freaking out. ...Her mom is coming over right now to help.  Thanks!!

Julie Johnson: IBCLC
[log in to unmask]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop!
Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/marineaquarium

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2