From:
Chris Mulford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:44:10 EST
>We must battle against forces that don't recognize or support us, and
> in some cases, actively work against us.

I whole-heartedly agree with my good friend Nikki Lee.  Our job may be made
tougher than some others because of the opposition to what we do and what we
stand for.  But we at least have it better than midwives, whose sphere of
activity is at least as complex as ours.  In many places they have been
actively and overtly opposed by OBs ever since the OB profession began.  And
then there were the days when midwives got burned at the stake--thank
goodness, LCs don't run that risk!

Chris Mulford