Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:43:20 EST
While I admire your idealistic attitude, the fact is that this is MARKETING.
They make products which depend on breastfeeding and while they support the
"process" good sales techniques will always create a need and then supply a
product to meet the need. As a marketing major, I see parallels in how we can
promote breastfeeding similarly to how a product is promoted and good ways to
"Sell" it.  Now I know I'm going to get flamed for this viewpoint, but it is
realistic. Knowing this, we can inform our clients as to whether or not
something is good, whether they need it and if they choose to buy and use it,
how to do so without harming themselves. We will NEVER make a company stop
manufacturing and selling something that they are doing well with.
Realistic in Romeoville
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC