Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 15:22:40 -0400
Hello  all,

Already put this info to use with a mom today. Now I quote from  abstract:

"This  hypothesis proposes that infant GORD is a physiological
manifestation of  misalignment between biology and culture, and proposes, as a
corollary, that  if the impact of biocultural factors upon the physiology of
otherwise well  crying babies is not addressed in the first months of life,
populations of  infants who cry excessively may be predisposed to GORD after three
to four  months of age..."
~~~ Comments on how this misalignment predisposes to GORD/GERD after 3-4
months of age? I feel dense, like I'm missing something obvious...I have
definitely seen how sleep training forces super-sizing of "allowed, daytime"
feeds, and that can tip a baby who was coping with some refluxing into GERD,
and  even once, a baby who began to lose weight after 3 months, after the
sleep  training, who was not eating at all at night, and was undereating at
daytime  feeds, like she forgot what it felt like to understand her own
hunger/satiation...

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL