From:
Rachael Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:26:51 -0700
I have several magnets on my car. 2 of which are breastfeeding related and 2 others. My 2 breastfeeding magnets say "Breastfeeding Momma" and "Breastfeeding for the survival of the species" I have had people honk at me and then ask where I go them. I even had one 20 something ask if he could photograph them.

  I have 4 children all 26 months apart and all self weaned.
  Baby number 1 nursed for 3 3/4 years
  Baby number 2 nursed for 26 months
  Baby number 3 nursed for 26 months
  Baby number 4 is 12 months and obviously, to this community still nursing.

  I was at a church bible study on wednesday and I was nursing my 1 year old sitting in a circle with about 20 people I don't really know. We are new to the church and the ministers wife sitting next to me leaned over and said I nursed my babies until they were 3 and I never see anyone nursing anymore. Thank you so much:) I love these little positive breastfeeding expereriences and thought we always hear about all the negative things people say so I thought I would share a positive:)

  Rachael Spencer RN, LLLL
  Lake Bluff, IL