From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:18:48 PDT
Denny
I would encourage her to contact the milk bank directly as I am sure the
director (I believe a mom of a former baby in nicu) and the med. director,
and staff will be able to help.
IF you were there, and this is in fact what the neo told the mom
(insinuating she was unfit) I would tactfully suggest that she contact the
doc's boss (med. director of the hosp?) and/or the pt. advocate and file a
complaint for 2 reasons: ignorance and rudeness/abuse. I would suggest she
write to the local AAP or any other society if doc is a member. The AAP
needs to know and the milk bank(s) so they can target these peds/neos/nicu's
for education. I would advise that you not do this yourself unless you were
there to hear all this, and if the mom does not want to pursue this, then
let it go. However you could ask the milk bank to send some info to this
unit.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, USA