Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:44:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I was contacted via facebook by a Mom who is asking about her exclusively breastfed daughter who has West Syndrome.  I emphasized that her most important resource for these questions are her medical providers.  She is looking for any general thoughts to her situation.  I did search the LactNet archives and there are a few references to the keto diet from about 10 years ago.

PTP:  "My daughter is 11 months old ( 4-5 months adjusted) she is globally Delayed. She was born at 39 weeks after a normal pregnancy. She was diagnosed at 3 months old with West Syndrome. (Infantile Spasms) she has had three different meds in hope to control her seizures but nothing has worked as of yet. She is exclusively breastfeed.  She only eats from breast....she refuses bottles, takes no soilds...she is not sitting up yet. Only rolling over.  The next step is a Ketogentic diet.  I am wondering whether breast milk meets the needs of the Keto diet?  Or, if not, whether there is a way to combine breastmilk with the keto diet?  And whether anybody knows of general resources for our situation?"

I'd appreciate any resources you may have which I can share with this Mom.

Ellen Rubin, MA, IBCLC, LLLL

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2