From:
Cheryl Benn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:06:48 +0000
Hi, I'm new to this and hope I am following the protocol having placed my
signature at the end.

I need some URGENT advice to help 2 expectant women.  Both have babies due
this month.  they have both had silicon implants.  For one this is her
second implant, the first having leaked into the tissues.  They both want to
breastfeed but are afraid of leakage into the breastmilk.

1.      How much of a problem is this?
2.      Does it mean they shouldn't breastfeed?
3.      Is there an analyticla test that can be done to determine the
amounts of         silicon in the breastmilk?  If yes, what is it?
4.      Any other suitable advice would be welcome.

Thanks for the help, in anticipation

Cheryl
Cheryl Benn PhD IBCLC
Dept of Nursing and Midwifery