From:
Rose Straeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:37:43 -0600
Recently I have worked with a mother who had a low milk supply - initially
thought to be due to starting supplements.  However after pumping the supply
did not seem to increase.  More than 4 weeks later - baby was 2.5 months
when we began this process she had a period and had not even been pumping
for a week due to frustration, suddenly her breasts became full and the milk
seemed to be coming in stronger.  This could have been due to a retained
fragment of placenta - I was just curious to any info that anyone else might
have in regard to this issue.  I will be going nomail for the weekend - so
if you could send response privately as well as to group it would be greatly
appreciated.  TIA

Rose in Indiana