From:
Cchris Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:39:11 EST
Hello everyone I am Chris a midwife and breastfeeding advisor in the U.K.
I have had a dear little boy born at 37+ weeks , a little slow to sort his
feeding, but by 8 days doing well. Day 10 was the beginning of his vomiting.
He was sick just the once that day but that night he began to be sick/vomit
after every feed. We discussed winding, he was a little 'snuffly' so maybe it
was a cold. Oh no the next day he was better. he had us fooled because that
night he really started to vomit in a serious way,  and on my arrival a.m. he
was dehydrated , had dropped weight and projected his feed across the room!
Happily admission to hospital and surgery went well and he is now doing well (
so is poor mum).
I am not sure how unusual he is but it is the earliest case I have ever met,
and will make me keep a more open mind in the future.
Happy new year everyone, Chris wood.