From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:17:21 -0500
Dear Catherine, NJ has KidCare (Fed program).  The big problem is the major
inefficiency of the system and getting kids on the program.  Maybe Atlantic
County is just the worse, but it takes a minimum of 3 mo to get a kid on
these programs.  The program HMOs will NOT do developmental testing.  It
gets very involved.  I use early intervention program where I can.  And we
have one of the best centers in Atlantic City, called  Children's Seashore
House.  It is now a part of Childrens' Hosp of Philadelphia and has a
wonderful track record and is right here in Atlantic
City...........aarrgghh.  Don't get me started.  If I ran the government
I'd use computers and hire more efficient people!  who care!  Sincerely,
Pat in SNJ