From:
Ruth Cantrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 06:29:32 +1000
Marsha,
do you already have
Porter, R & Winberg, J (1999). Unique salience of maternal breast odors for
newborn infants. Neuroscience & behavioral reviews. 23(3) p 439-449

this article pertains to how the chemical profile  of breast secretions
overlaps with that of amniotic fluid.
the way I see it, you may not necessarily find an article saying don't bath
the baby immediately after birth. but there is clear evidence explaining how
not bathing facilitates optimal care in a number of ways.

another  I have heard of has to do with infection protection of the baby for
the first 24 hours  or so. I have not read this research but understand that
is why we don't bath babies immediately after birth any more.

there is enough information out there for your argument to be well
constructed.

Good luck would love to see your compiled reference list at the end.

Ruth

Ruth  Cantrill

--
Breast Worx