From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 12:47:17 -0700
I'm so pleased about this, I just had to tell you all,
even though I've been nomai*l for months.  The other
links on this site are really good too, and you all
might find it useful for referring people looking for
particular sites.  I'm sure there are many you'll all
recognise.  :-)

so let me brag a moment:  The page titled "Advantages
of Formula, The", at
<http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/advantages-of-formula.html>,
was
selected as a Links2Go "Key Resource" in the
Breastfeeding topic,
at <http://www.links2go.com/topic/Breastfeeding>.

o How your page was selected

Each quarter, Links2Go samples millions of web pages
to determine
which pages are most heavily cited by web pages
authors, such
as yourself. The most popular pages are downloaded and
automatically
categorized by topic. At most 50 of the pages related
to a topic
are selected as "Key Resources." Out of 50 pages
selected as Key
Resources for the Breastfeeding topic, your page
ranked 23rd.
For topics like Music, where there are a large number
of interested
authors and related pages, it is harder to achieve
selection as
a Key Resource than for a special-interest topic, such
as Quantum
Physics.

The Links2Go Key Resource award differs from other
awards in two
important ways. First, it is objective. Most awards
rely on hand
selection by one or more "experts," many of whom have
only looked
at tens or hundreds of thousands of pages in bestowing
their awards.
Selection for these awards means no more than that one
person,
somewhere, noticed your page and liked it enough to
select it.
The Key Resource award, on the other hand, is based on
an analysis
of millions of web pages. Any group or organization
who conducts
a similar analysis will arrive at similar conclusions.
When Links2Go
says your page is a Key Resource, we mean that your
page is one
of the most relevant pages related to a particular
topic on the
web today, using an objective statistical measure
applied to an
extremely large data set.

Second, the Key Resource award is exclusive. We get
literally
hundreds of people requesting that their page be added
to one
or more topics per week.

=====
Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (5), Sage (3!) and ?!?(1-6-01)(http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/  )

Celebrate National Procrastination Week now! --March 1-7
make money surfing the web- http://www.epipo.com/index.asp?refid=kolina