From:
ANN G CAGIGAS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:28:30 -0800
I've been off the lactnet for a few days so am a little behind, but I
have a few thoughts about this baby.
What you mentioned about the little one who screams up to 20 minutes with
each feed, without any evident reason, can be very frustrating.  The 1st
question is...is the baby gaining?  If that is WNL than it might be a
matter of patience.  My third child, who was given 1 bottle in the
nursery against my orders, screamed for anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes
with each L/O and than give up and feed like a champ.  There was no rhyme
or reason to why it occurred and why it stopped but it was not fun.  I
ended up with a cracked nipple and mastitis and then resolution.
Patience and a lot of support got me through it.