Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:44:58 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Carol, and all, Yes, I have read and been re-reading the literature and personally, I heartily agree! The answer is to breastfeed! Then babies, even premies, learn how, and we don't have to worry about bottles, syringes, cups or any other "contraptions"! However, in our real world, it doesn't yet wrok that way, although my husband says I have a "mission". I suppose I do, would love ongoing/further advice,and what others are seeing and doing when Mom is just not available very often, perhaps one or two times daily to actually breastfeed; also, some "beginner" feeders do not transfer much milk at first, I have started doing some test weights to try to defer the automatic complements of however-many cc's Dr has written for, but it takes time to change habits of many years. Do others just go ahead and use bottles when Mom not there? Or are you using alternative feeding methods(syringe,cup,etc)And, yes, the st/ot using bottles for suck training is being addressd, I don't think it had really been noticed before we had an LC "living" in the L2 nursery! Sad! This is a big,big project, becoming nearer and dearer to my heart, the more I see; thanks for letting me rant, and please share with me anything you think may help!
btw, I am jealous of the lovely temps out west!
Lora
RN,IBCLC and newly residing in special care nursery

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2