Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:30:32 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hello!
  My name is Natasha Sears, I am a practicing LPN in Kansas, as well as a BSN student at Kansas Wesleyan University.  I have been lerking around since the last part of January as part of a classroom project.  I have found this listserve so enlightening!  I have breastfed my own three children, and have one more on the way.  My educational goal has been to become a Nurse Mid-Wife in my area, as well as a CLC.  I do have to say, however, that support from a great majority of our local physicians is low.  I have also found, speaking as a mother, that the mother/baby unit of the hospital is not so breastfeeding-friendly.  Unfortunately, the nursing staff is simply not qualified - nor are many of them interrested in taking the extra time to help a new (or experienced) mom deal with breastfeeding issues.  Does anyone have some suggestions on introducing a policy that requires some kind of breastfeeding education to the medical staff?  We do have at least one CLC/RN on staff,
 however, she is not available 24/7.  Are there other hospitals out there that do require, or strongly reccommend any CEU's in this area for obstetrical RN's?

Natasha Sears

---------------------------------
Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and 
always stay connected to friends.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2