From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:27:50 +0100
I wouldn't make any special arrangements about baby at all.  None
whatsoever.  At least none that the court could discern.  Just show up,
together.  Like Pat said, they're a package deal.
Are not courtrooms considered safe places?  Is there an age limit to get
inside one?  Just assume it's all right, and if they object, find out what
they (the court) suggest for what to do with the baby, because it's here,
and it wants its food.

My contingency plan would be to have a trustworthy person in the corridor,
ready to bounce the baby while I testified.  But I wouldn't bring that up
unless the court insisted the baby leave.  The only reason I could imagine
for so doing, is if the baby is making so much noise that the court
proceedings can not be heard by those who need to hear.

It shouldn't even be an issue.  Here, it wouldn't be.  No one, and I mean no
one, would bat an eye, except to ooh and aah over the baby and maybe make
sure the mother had a comfy chair to wait in and a source of drinking water.
She would bring the baby unless the court case itself represented a physical
risk to the baby.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway