Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:17:11 -0700
I always say something like "it is really recommended that (insert
appropriate modifier here--small/new/sleepy/whatever) babies nurse at
least every two hours during the day and at least every three hours at
night".  If baby is gaining well, then I might say 4 hours at night.  Is
baby sleeping with mom?  I don't think the baby would sleep that long at
night if they were sharing sleep.  You don't say how the baby's diapers
are?

I am really coming to believe that engorgement does not have to happen,
that it's a result of scheduled and way too few feedings...

Joylyn