From:
Susan Moxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 01:35:31 -0300
Thanks to L.Pohl and Shirley Gross for the information about differences in
milk composition with method of pumping.  I was hoping to get some more.
Sandra Lang has suggested that the milk produced by hand expression may be
more compatible for preterm infants than the milk from electric pumps, she
suggests the mechanism of hand expression is closer to that of the infants
jaw compression and I believe she has done some studies on the outcomes for
these infants.

Susan Moxley IBCLC
Ottawa, Ontario