Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:57:44 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (45 lines)
 My first was born in 1988--nursed for 4.5 years, tandem-nursed with second, born in 1992, weaned on
her 5th birthday. In both cases, weaning was negotiated--by me--my oldest chose the day and we 
planned for it together. My second would have nursed longer and I regret I did not let her. I was exhausted, 
had lost my milk 2 years prior after a miscarriage/hemorrhage and did not want to nurse through another
pregnancy. I got pregnant with my third 3 months after my daughter weaned and he was born in 1998.
He nursed for over 6 years. One day, a couple of months after the last time he nursed, he came to me 
and whispered that he had something to tell me. Then he whispered "I'm weaned" in my ear. With only 
that 3 month after by daughter weaned--before I was pregnant with my third--I was pregnant and/or nursing
for 17 years straight. I had a total of 74 months of LA (20, 30, 24 respectively).

By contrast, my mother had three children. None of us were bf. She was pregnant for 2.5 years, spaced 
over a 5 year period. She died of ovarian cancer when she was 62. 

I make the point to moms that we do not need to have a dozen children to have similar 
hormonal experiences to our ancestors. We just need to surrender to the mothering of them.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2