From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:16:27 -0500
Dear Haim,

Breastmilk jaundice can persist for quite some time, several weeks not
being unusual and several months not being unheard of.  The BAB has a
nice discussion of this.  There is some thought now that jaundice may
even be a normal and perhaps desirable condition for a newborn to be in
due to possible protection from disease.  If the baby is thriving and all
other more serious causes of jaundice have been ruled out, then there
does not seem to be any reason to treat or worry about these babies.  If
you do not have access to a BAB (and its excellent list of references on
this subject), please let me know and I will E-mail or fax something to
you.

Don't see what jaundice has to do with circumcision, unless the baby is
also sick at the same time.  Maybe I am missing something here.

Sharon Knorr
Lactation Consultant Services
Rochester, New York
mailto:[log in to unmask]